Join the Official Discord Server for the opportunity to parttake in events, giveaways and more!

Menu

Discord Server 0 members online
Latest News 08 Apr

Minecraft Username: Critical_Toxic

Discord Username (ID): Critical_Toxic#7860

Timezone: London (GMT)

Do you have access to discord and a working microphone? Yes.

Do you have screenshotting software such as Gyazo, Lightshot, Imgur? I have Gyazo, so yes I do.

Do you have the ability to record Minecraft videos? Yes, I have OBS.

Are you multilingual (Speak more than one language)? I speak English and also Welsh, however, it is not a popular language.

How much time do you have to contribute to the role? On weekday I start school and 7:30 am and arrive home at 4:00 pm this gives me 5 hours to spend on the server unless I have an event/homework to do. On weekend I roughly wake up at 9:00 am and usually don't go to sleep as early so I will have about 8 hours of server playtime on the weekends. Overall I'll be able to spend about 30hours a week on the server.

What is encouraging you to become a trainee on Venture-Ville? Generally looking for a role that requires me to interact with the community, I'd also love to help the server out by helping out in-game and chat.

Why should we choose you over other applicants? I'm a very reliant person, I have a great sense of humor however when I need too I can become serious and mature.

Have you ever been banned or punished on any server? If so please include details. No.

Tell us about a time you made a mistake within the last year? How did you deal with it? What did you learn? (Can be anything) Late this year it was found out that I had social Anxiety, diagnosed clinically. However, before this, I was too scared of human interaction (Face to Face) to tell anyone. I was too scared of making a mistake or coming across as unlikable. However, to overcome this I started to use a messaging platform to talk to people as it allowed me to truly speak to people, and show my true self. Since this I have slowly gotten to the point where I can talk face to face and I now don't feel much, if any anxiety when interacting with people. My mistake was not letting anyone know and forcing my self to be alone and lonely, now I am confident and enjoy speaking to people online and in real life.

If you have any, what hobbies or activities are you involved in outside of Minecraft? I really enjoy coding and basketball, I am fluent in python and VBS. Also HTML I know a bit off but I don't know if that counts! :)

Do you have any previous server moderation or leadership experience? Privately yes, but I'm hoping this will be my first public role in moderation.

What would help to keep you most motivated within a staff team? Players respect, Thank you's and generally happiness due to my services.

SCENARIO: "You come home from school/work and have a ton of homework/work to do, you think to yourself I'll just take a 5-minute break before I start and get on Venture-Ville. The next thing you know 2 hours have passed and you've been on the server all that time." Does this scenario sound familiar to you? No, whenever school work is due I encourage my self to take a break from my computer (unless it is an online task). I prioritized my school work over anything. (Not sure if that's what you wanted to hear, but its the truth). For example, if I had to study on for an exam, I would ensure that I study to my full ability until even thinking of playing Minecraft. My school life comes first.

SCENARIO: Suppose it's your first week of being a trainee and you mute a well-known player. Their friends start spamming your discord or twitter, calling you a bad Helper and telling you to unmute them. What would you do? If I am truly confident in my decision I will simply tell the player, they broke the rules, they pay the price, and if they disagree with my decision to speak to a higher member of staff. However, if I am unsure I will ask another staff for a second opinion before taking severe actions. This ensures I am not making any mistakes. If there was any mistake made during this process I would ensure I take note of it and learn from my mistake to make certain it does not happen again.

If it had to be one of Winter, Autumn, Spring or Summer for the rest of time, which would you choose? Autumn because the build-up to Christmas starts and I love the colors, the yellow, orange and brown. Its also the time of year where to come into your home put the kettle on and enjoy a cup of hot chocolate by the fire. Hmmmmm! Also Crunchy leaves. There's nothing quite like that crisp sound beneath your feet.

The zombie apocalypse has come, you have one day to stock an underground bunker, what stuff do you get?
I would get all repair supplies can screw bolts, tools, so I can repair any issue in the bunker if I need to stay down there for a long period of time. I would get a years supply of food and water, just to ensure I am safe until rescue come or it is safe to leave the bunker. I would get some kind of melee weapon like a nailed bat or axe as protection against the zombies. I will bring medical supplies in-case me or my family gets injured. Also, a vehicle nearby my bunker so I can get more supply safely when needed. To ensure I don't get bored I will bring some form of entertainment. I Ipad with all the apps I could find on the app store and lots of chargers. Maybe some board games and coloring books. To keep lights on I would either by tons of candles and matches or I would get a generator with tons of fuel to keep my IPad charges and lights on.

Last edited: