welcome to VentureVille
Player Economy Complete quests! Choose a profession! Set up chest shops for other players to directly purchase from create a great balance for players to be the primary source of income. Private trades are also available for those who wish for a simple and fair trade system without relying on a player shop.
Furniture & Vehicles Interactive furniture allows players to have that feeling of unique rooms without the shoddy tape holding it together! But that isn't all you can sit yourself in. Ride in style with a variety of vehicles! Keep your engines full and touch the sky!
Rank Up As you climb that socio economic ladder to success you'll unlock more features and have a little more sway in what you want to do! The generic shop will also offer bigger (non economy breaking) loads of trade goods.
Unique Claim System Comfortably play alone or with friends! You're not forced to work together while watching your back, and you are not forced to live alone in a backpack. The world is your oyster, and you can now can play worry free!
Action Packed Battles This isn't a place where jitter-clicking is the way. Your enchantments are interactive and mindless swinging and panic won't save you! Activating abilities granted by enchantments requires a combination of left and right mouse clicks.
Tinkering System Delve the depths for valuable scrap and forgotten treasure. Scrolls with amazing power and amazing relics also populate the depths. Create amazing gear and make friend and foe alike jealous of your awesome gear.

The future of Venture-Ville!

By SirKillian Posted 6 comments
29 Jan

PENDING DrowningInPizza Staff Application

Dec 23, 2018

Minecraft Username: DrowningInPizza

Discord Username (ID): DrowningInPizza#9736

Timezone: Mountain Standard Time

Do you have access to discord and a working microphone? Yes, I have discord on my phone and use headphones with a mic. I don’t have a mic for my computer however, but my phone works just fine.

Do you have screenshotting software such as Gyazo, Lightshot, Imgur? I have Gyazo

Do you have the ability to record Minecraft videos? I can’t think of a software that I have at the moment, but would be willing to download one if need be.

Are you multilingual (Speak more than one language)? I am not, however in the past I have utilized googles speech recognition to determine what language and translate according to the situation.

How much time do you have to contribute to the role? A fair bit. I generally play in the evenings so anywhere from 5-9pm onwards to about 2-3am. I usually have Tuesday off which I typically no life at my computer, and every other weekend.

What is encouraging you to become a trainee on Venture-Ville? I have quite a bit of experience moderating on minecraft servers, 3-4 years on various servers. It’s just a part of me, being able to take that extra step to keep a server running smooth and helping anyone who may need it. Helping users is my jam, in particular new users.

Why should we choose you over other applicants? As much as I am new, and may not have all of the experience on Venture Ville that some of the other applicants have, I do have the experience moderating, and I think that can be a huge asset to the position. I’m also friendly, chatty, and personable. But I’m sure the other applicants are as well, so that might not be a stand out.

Have you ever been banned or punished on any server? If so please include details.
Back in 2012, I was banned from a server for creating a mob trap upon joining a new server. I hadn't read the rules yet, so I wasn't aware and that was definitely my fault.

In 2017 I was banned due to a petty altercation with the owner of a server I played on, I had heard he was telling other users some pretty crude things about him and I that simply were not true, so I confronted him. He doesn't like confrontation so I was wrongly banned for "using alt accounts to troll"

Recently, I was banned from the same server for similar reasons however this time I did violate one of the servers rules. I'm not sure how in depth on that messy scenario I need to get into, as I think a lot of the staff are aware of the situation.

Tell us about a time you made a mistake within the last year? How did you deal with it? What did you learn? (Can be anything) I've recently made the mistake of a trusting a new friend much too quick, and having myself end up hurt in the process and lost said friend. I dealt with it the way I normally do, I grieved I was sad. But I moved on. While it may not be the lesson people would normally expect, I learned that even though I can get hurt, I have a big enough heart that I can forgive people and move on and keep on loving everyone! You never know where someone is coming from, or what they've been through so you can't hold it against them forever.

If you have any, what hobbies or activities are you involved in outside of Minecraft? I am a photographer, avid crochet-er (not sure that's a word! LOL) and I also paint custom press on nail sets :)

Do you have any previous server moderation or leadership experience? I do yes, as mentioned before I have staffed on several servers, names can be given to admins upon request. I have 3-4 years experience between them, I'd have to sit down and count for an exact haha. Not sure if it counts, but I also moderate an advice group for females only on facebook, so I'm sure everyone can guess how kind and unjudgmental that group is! XD

What would help to keep you most motivated within a staff team? Seeing the new users you've helped stay, the server growing. And definitely a big sense of family within the team.

SCENARIO: "You come home from school/work and have a ton of homework/work to do, you think to yourself I'll just take a 5-minute break before I start and get on Venture-Ville. The next thing you know 2 hours have passed and you've been on the server all that time." Does this scenario sound familiar to you? Oh 100% lol, I am super guilty of this. But thankfully I have two screens now, and since my work consists of editing photos, I am able to do both :D

SCENARIO: Suppose it's your first week of being a trainee and you mute a well-known player. Their friends start spamming your discord or twitter, calling you a bad Helper and telling you to unmute them. What would you do? I would make sure that I had evidence of what the well-known player had done, and I would let the friend know that I would be more than happy to help them take the scenario to a higher up. I would also regardless of their desire to talk to a higher up, make sure that someone did know the scenario that was going on. I would calmly and politely reassure the upset friend that the well known user would not have been muted without good reason, and that mutes somewhat come down to staff discretion.

If it had to be one of Winter, Autumn, Spring or Summer for the rest of time, which would you choose? 150% autumn! On top of that being the season my birthday is, I am a photographer. If I could pick one season's scenery to stay all year long it would definitely be autumn.

The zombie apocalypse has come, you have one day to stock an underground bunker, what stuff do you get? First and foremost, you KNOW I'm running to Michaels craft store to stock up on yarn and crochet hooks. Like cart fulls, it's gonna be boring in that bunker. Everyone on VV gets hats and blankets after it's over. Next we need food, non perishables, canned goods. Water, tons and tons of water. Blankets and toiletries. Pain killers, because you know whoever you're stuck with is gonna end up annoying somewhere down the road and you need something for that headache. Dog food, because there's no way my pups aren't coming in that bunker with me. Books, games, and puzzles so that I can still keep my mind working and developing while I'm stuck. And last but certainly not least, beer.

Jan 20, 2019
DIP is one of the greatest people I've played with and gotten to know. She genuinely cares about the communities she is apart of and has always been there to help me out or to talk when needed. She wants everyone to have fun and feel welcome.
I wouldn't have known about this server without her recommendation and I've really enjoyed myself so far!

I've got her back because she's simply the best, +1 xoxo

Dec 23, 2018
DIP is one of the greatest people I've played with and gotten to know. She genuinely cares about the communities she is apart of and has always been there to help me out or to talk when needed. She wants everyone to have fun and feel welcome.
I wouldn't have known about this server without her recommendation and I've really enjoyed myself so far!

I've got her back because she's simply the best, +1 xoxo
Awww thank you purple <3