welcome to VentureVille
Player Economy Complete quests! Choose a profession! Set up chest shops for other players to directly purchase from create a great balance for players to be the primary source of income. Private trades are also available for those who wish for a simple and fair trade system without relying on a player shop.
Furniture & Vehicles Interactive furniture allows players to have that feeling of unique rooms without the shoddy tape holding it together! But that isn't all you can sit yourself in. Ride in style with a variety of vehicles! Keep your engines full and touch the sky!
Rank Up As you climb that socio economic ladder to success you'll unlock more features and have a little more sway in what you want to do! The generic shop will also offer bigger (non economy breaking) loads of trade goods.
Unique Claim System Comfortably play alone or with friends! You're not forced to work together while watching your back, and you are not forced to live alone in a backpack. The world is your oyster, and you can now can play worry free!
Action Packed Battles This isn't a place where jitter-clicking is the way. Your enchantments are interactive and mindless swinging and panic won't save you! Activating abilities granted by enchantments requires a combination of left and right mouse clicks.
Tinkering System Delve the depths for valuable scrap and forgotten treasure. Scrolls with amazing power and amazing relics also populate the depths. Create amazing gear and make friend and foe alike jealous of your awesome gear.

Newsletter 1.3

By Josh Posted 4 comments
27 Aug

PENDING Froze's Trainee application!

Froze

Sep 20, 2018
Minecraft Username:
Froze
Discord Username (ID):
Froze#0001
Timezone:
UTC+01:00
Do you have access to discord and a working microphone?
Yes, I do both have a working microphone and access to discord.

Do you have screenshotting software such as Gyazo, Lightshot, Imgur?
Yes, I am able to use/work with all of the stated screenshotting software, but I do mostly use Gyazo.

Do you have the ability to record Minecraft videos?
Yes, I use OBS and ShadowPlay to record my video's. They are all 1080P 60fps.

Are you multilingual (Speak more than one language)?
Yes, my main language is Dutch. I'm also able to speak fluently English. Next, to that, I'm also able to talk a bit of German, and a bit of French,

How much time do you have to contribute to the role?
I will be able to contribute a fair amount of time to the role as a trainee. With that I mean I will be able to be online for at least 3-4 hours per day. Also during school, I will be able to hop on quickly to help players with some small problems, and moderate chat. Checking discord and helping people on discord is something I will be able to do at least 12 hours per day since I always have access to a stable wifi connection.

What is encouraging you to become a trainee on Venture-Ville?
The server itself is already a reason why I would love to become a staff member on Venture-Ville. I definitely love playing on venture-ville, and I think that I would fit in great as a staff member. I love working together with other people and helping them out.

Why should we choose you over other applicants?
To start with, I have a huge amount of experience(Check moderation experience question), which is most likely a lot more than other people. I'm extremely dedicated to helping out other people and trying to get their problems solved, which is something other applicants might not have. I have a big amount of knowledge of the game. I know how the game works, I know how to work with commands and how to work with plugins. I'm also pretty good at talking to younger players, which makes it easy for me to explain things to them, and help them with their problems. I can be more active than other players because I will be able to check on the server even during class because we have a laptop at school for our programming work. I can speak both fluently English, Dutch and know a little bit of German and French. I'm friendly, helpful and just love playing Minecraft.

Have you ever been banned or punished on any server? If so please include details.
Yes, I have been banned on TheSquadMC. The reason for that is not really explainable. I am now unbanned and able to play again.

Tell us about a time you made a mistake within the last year? How did you deal with it? What did you learn? (Can be anything)
My biggest mistake this year was definitely my course choice. I started with a course mixed with machinery and pc development. Within the first month, I noticed that I hated the machinery part, but I had to finish the entire year of school. I wasted myself an entire year of school on something I didn't enjoy and I didn't want to do. Luckily I am now in the place where I feel like I belong and I enjoy the course I now do.

If you have any, what hobbies or activities are you involved in outside of Minecraft?

Alright, to start with, I ride dirtbikes. I've been doing this since I was 6 years old and I still love it to this day. I train about 2-3 times per week on my bike, and I ride at a moderate level. During winter break I will be riding less because of the weather and the number of tracks being closed. I also love going to the Gym. I'm now going to the gym 5 days a week, trying to work on my body. I also love developing, which is something I can mix with gaming a lot. I'm working on developing Minecraft plugins, and I also make discord bots in Python. To finish off, I also love fishing, which I do so now end then, probably a few times per week.

Do you have any previous server moderation or leadership experience?
Yes, I do have a large amount of previous server moderation, server administration, server management, and server ownership. It all started a long time ago, on a server called "The-Ingot". I took a shot on applying for Trainee and I got accepted. Ever since then I've been working my way up until I got the moderator rank. A lot of mistakes have been made and I learned a lot from moderating on there. I had to deal with a young player base which made pretty good at explaining stuff to people. I've been dealing with most likely any kind of situation a staff member can get in. The ingot started with a player base which varies in between 300-500 players, but it slowly got less over time. When the server seemed to be completely empty.
I got invited to join a new network, "TheSquadMC". On TheSquadMC I started as a moderator, due to the owner knowing me and my skills. Within 2 weeks I worked my way up to Senior-Moderator and I really enjoyed moderating on the server. The server had around 1000-1500 players on release, and on average around 500-600 players. During live streams from YouTubers like 09Sharkboy or Moose, the server sometimes had over 1300 players online. When the youtube went a little bit inactive, and the server got a bit empty.
I decided to take a shot on applying on a dutch network. The network was owned by the YouTubers TeVeelGevraagd. I got accepted into the helper position. Right after I got accepted, the server went into beta stage, which meant no players were able to play and staff had to get online just to check for bugs. I resigned shortly after.
I decided to make my own network, "FortisPvP". It was going to be a competitive faction server. Building and setting up the server went great, everything was well set-up and seemed to be working great. Although we had to face a Manager that betrayed us on release, ending up the server to be closed down due to the negative reputation. The server still had around 300-400 people attempting to join on release, which was pretty good in my eyes.
After that, I decided to start managing on a server, and really quickly I got accepted in the management position in the small network. I did mostly plugin work on the networks, and sometimes helping them out with setting up forums etc. I've done this with around 5 servers now which all had about 20 people actively playing on the server.
There are still a lot of small servers where I've moderated on which I didn't notice in my previous experience. I did this because they didn't really learn me any new things, and the server closed down shortly after releases.
At school, I take a really leading position as well. We work on projects in small groups(4-5 People). And most of the time I take the leadership of the group on me so everything will be sorted out and people get their tasks.

What would help to keep you most motivated within a staff team?
I think new players, updates and just a nice and friendly staff team is what keeps me motived within the staff team. In order to work in a staff team, and being motivated within a staff team, I feel like you also have to stay motived to play on the server, since that is also something a staff member should still be able to do. Frequent staff updates and staff meetings would also keep me motived within the staff team. And overall, just a nice group of people who are able to work together in a team without any problems or complications.

SCENARIO: "You come home from school/work and have a ton of homework/work to do, you think to yourself I'll just take a 5-minute break before I start and get on Venture-Ville. The next thing you know 2 hours have passed and you've been on the server all that time." Does this scenario sound familiar to you?
No, I don't see myself in that scenario at all. I'm right now doing an IT course, which I love doing. Since I'm in my first year, and our teachers don't wanna put too much weight on our shoulders, they decided not to give us too much homework. 95% of the time I'm able to finish my homework for the entire week during class, and the other 5% is so less that I'm able to quickly finish that in 5 minutes in school. I always prioritize my homework over Minecraft, because school is your future, Minecraft most likely isn't.

SCENARIO: Suppose it's your first week of being a trainee and you mute a well-known player. Their friends start spamming your discord or twitter, calling you a bad Helper and telling you to unmute them. What would you do?
At first, I would definitely not start an argument with them, because most of the time that's only going to make the spamming worse. I'd explain them the reason why he is muted, and I would provide proof for the reason he has been muted. if they are not okay with it, and keep on spamming me on discord or twitter, I'd have to take further consequences, I would most likely block them from both discord and twitter, so they are not able to keep me from doing my job. As a staff member, you're the one who makes the decisions, and will always have proof to show you're right in your decisions. If other players are not okay with that, then that's their problem.

If it had to be one of Winter, Autumn, Spring or Summer for the rest of time, which would you choose?
Although I love the Summer, I still think I'd go for the winter. Temperature is something you will definitely get used to overtime, and who doesn't like a big dose of snow in front of your house, and not being able to go to college because of the dangerously low temperatures?

The zombie apocalypse has come, you have one day to stock an underground bunker, what stuff do you get?
Great question, I think the first thing I would get is a load of drinks, probably Redbull. Then I would gather up as much bags of Doritos as I can, so I have enough food and drinks to survive for a long time. Next, to that, I would definitely take my PC with me, and a stable wifi connection so I'm able to play on venture-ville and talk to other people that are stuck in the apocalypse. Oh, and I would take my Nintendo switch, because I love the new Zelda game, Just to spend some time when I'm bored.

ernie6999

Mayor of The Edge
Staff member
Apr 24, 2018
This is a great application Froze but.... you've peaked my curiosity as to why you cant explain your being banned on TheSquadMC gl with your app

Froze

Sep 20, 2018
This is a great application Froze but.... you've peaked my curiosity as to why you cant explain your being banned on TheSquadMC gl with your app
Thanks for the feedback Ernie! It’s always great too see you online and do your job!
The ban on TheSquadMC is just something personal that happened in between the owner me where I don’t feel talking about, and not everybody has to know. I am definitely able to explain it to Josh or Conrad if they ask for it, but I just don’t feel like everyone should know about it.

ernie6999

Mayor of The Edge
Staff member
Apr 24, 2018
Thanks for the feedback Ernie! It’s always great too see you online and do your job!
The ban on TheSquadMC is just something personal that happened in between the owner me where I don’t feel talking about, and not everybody has to know. I am definitely able to explain it to Josh or Conrad if they ask for it, but I just don’t feel like everyone should know about it.
Haha thought as much.... you cant help a girl for trying best of luck Froze