welcome to VentureVille
Player Economy Complete quests! Choose a profession! Set up chest shops for other players to directly purchase from create a great balance for players to be the primary source of income. Private trades are also available for those who wish for a simple and fair trade system without relying on a player shop.
Furniture & Vehicles Interactive furniture allows players to have that feeling of unique rooms without the shoddy tape holding it together! But that isn't all you can sit yourself in. Ride in style with a variety of vehicles! Keep your engines full and touch the sky!
Rank Up As you climb that socio economic ladder to success you'll unlock more features and have a little more sway in what you want to do! The generic shop will also offer bigger (non economy breaking) loads of trade goods.
Unique Claim System Comfortably play alone or with friends! You're not forced to work together while watching your back, and you are not forced to live alone in a backpack. The world is your oyster, and you can now can play worry free!
Action Packed Battles This isn't a place where jitter-clicking is the way. Your enchantments are interactive and mindless swinging and panic won't save you! Activating abilities granted by enchantments requires a combination of left and right mouse clicks.
Tinkering System Delve the depths for valuable scrap and forgotten treasure. Scrolls with amazing power and amazing relics also populate the depths. Create amazing gear and make friend and foe alike jealous of your awesome gear.

The future of Venture-Ville!

By SirKillian Posted 6 comments
29 Jan

READ Jammy's Staff Application

Aug 21, 2018
The Land Of Tea

Minecraft Username:
jammyjames2003

Discord Username (ID):
Jammy#5652

Timezone:
GMT+0 (UK)

Do you have access to discord and a working microphone?
Yes, I use a Blue Snowball and a pair of old Turtle Beach Earforce XO ones (after the built in mic broke, they were useless on my consoles so they've got a shot at redemption here)

Do you have screenshotting software such as Gyazo, Lightshot, Imgur?
No, but I can screenshot Discord and others using the printscreen function, and can use Minecraft's built in screenshotting feature.

Do you have the ability to record Minecraft videos?
I have OBS and can use that for Minecraft, yes.

Are you multilingual (Speak more than one language)?
A little GCSE French, but not much, so no.

How much time do you have to contribute to the role?
I feel like I can contribute a fair amount of time to the role, as I already do play Venture Ville around 3 - 5 hours an evening.

What is encouraging you to become a trainee on Venture-Ville?
In my time being here, I have learnt that there is no other feeling much like helping people, and I personally feel that I can do more in supporting new players. Whether I help them with the commands, the plugins or general help, I am to believe I can be helpful in breaking in the new players, and still making the more experienced ones enjoy the server. I try to help people but quite a lot of the time I get overlooked as I am not staff, even when they produce the same answer.

Why should we choose you over other applicants?
I don't want to become staff to assert dominance, or to just have a title, but I feel that a player is at the centre of a server. Without a player, a server is useless. Making the new players feel welcome is going to ensure they stay with this already awesome community and help spread the good word. I have real life experience in leadership and believe I work well as a part of a team, which has given me the ability to make decisions and stand up for what is right, whether it be rules or a person.

Have you ever been banned or punished on any server? If so please include details.
I have never been punished on a server.

Tell us about a time you made a mistake within the last year? How did you deal with it? What did you learn? (Can be anything)
My end of year exams were quickly approaching and I stupidly brushed them aside as some sort of way to get students to panic for the real things. With the "safety" of my friends persuading me we were prepared for them, I had stopped my thoughts about them and in the few short weeks I had fun. This was a grave mistake. I wasn't prepared and had forgotten most of the things we had done at the beginning of the year...

Anxiety kicked in after a set of practice papers was issued for homework and, as expected, I didn't get the grades I wanted on them. I worked non-stop for the remaining week before the real thing, only to pass with the grade I wanted on all but one paper (which I don't want to specify here but I will share if I need to). Panic and determination pulled me out of the train wreck of toxic friendships and failing grades.

I have to say, I am thankful for my teachers doing their jobs and scaring us, as it really works! Without this, who knows what disastrous situation I could have found myself in. It has taught me to not develop toxic friendships, to listen and pay attention and that I shouldn't let others define who I am and what I should be doing with my time.

If you have any, what hobbies or activities are you involved in outside of Minecraft?
I volunteer at Young Leaders on a Monday for a group of around 20 scouts where we do fun things, teaching them valuable skills.

Do you have any previous server moderation or leadership experience?
I have lots of leadership experience and am quite commonly nominated for things such as group leaders, as far as moderation, only a bit here and there but nothing too big. There was an old survival server that my friend set up but it was abandoned later due to financial and family problems, which I was a moderator on before it was closed.

What would help to keep you most motivated within a staff team?
Working as a team is motivating enough, as it means that your ideas are heard, and improved upon by bouncing them around from one member to another. Also, helping new members settle in will help me to stay motivated as it will bring me happiness knowing I may have made someone's day and introduced them into such a caring community.

SCENARIO: "You come home from school/work and have a ton of homework/work to do, you think to yourself I'll just take a 5-minute break before I start and get on Venture-Ville. The next thing you know 2 hours have passed and you've been on the server all that time." Does this scenario sound familiar to you?
Before the incident about revising for test, all the time. Now, however, not so much as I have learnt from mistakes. Occasionally I do still play while there is work to be done, but only when I have done around half of a task.

SCENARIO: Suppose it's your first week of being a trainee and you mute a well-known player. Their friends start spamming your discord or twitter, calling you a bad Helper and telling you to unmute them. What would you do?
I would calmly ask them to join me and another staff member in a chat so we can explain what has happened and hear their responses. I would then proceed to direct them to here for the offender to make a punishment appeal. If they persist, I would get another staff member to explain why the specific course of action has been taken.

If it had to be one of Winter, Autumn, Spring or Summer for the rest of time, which would you choose?
Winter. The picturesque snow on the ground and stereotypical crackling fire are amazing experiences, but also the thought of spending time with family and friends pleases me. As well as this, I have more time to spend inside playing videogames.

The zombie apocalypse has come, you have one day to stock an underground bunker, what stuff do you get?
Only what is necessary: Food, water, medicine, family, friends and something to offer to the zombies, maybe they just want to be friends.

Thank you for taking the time to read.

Last edited: