Join the Official Discord Server for the opportunity to parttake in events, giveaways and more!

Menu

Discord Server 0 members online
Latest News 07 Jul

MamaBeau

Staff Member
Owner
Hey everyone. Long time, no?

We need YOU:
So today, I've grown concerned with the happiness of our community - you guys, and I have an idea to get Venture Ville back to its spark! But to do this I need YOUR feedback and suggestions.

Below I want to know your concerns, issues, opinions and most of all suggestions on how we can boost donations, player numbers and MOST IMPORTANTLY, YOUR happiness!

Please follow the format below. Be respectful, and serious. We want to know what YOU think it would take to run this server better and stronger!

FORMAT:

In Game Name:

Concerns:

Solutions:

Suggestions:

Opinion:

Current : CallMeSpace

Concerns : Nothing

Solutions : nothing

Opinion : Honestly I didn't enjoy when the server transitioned into 1.13 and what it deleted from the current content. It changed alot and made it harder to enjoy the experience. I don't want a 100% survival experience I want a Towny experience. I think that the transition from 1.12.2 to 1.13 kind of ruined the fun of Envoys, Spawners (what I enjoyed), Venture Coins, /shop, and tokens. I definitely don't think you should go back to 1.12.2 at the point that you are at in the season just stating my opinion.

Cadara

Staff Member
Head-Admin
In Game Name: AbraCadara

Concerns:
Player count dwindling. Current player are getting rich and it will be daunting for new players to catch up making them inclined to leave.

Solutions:
Advertising? I know it costs a ton but with any luck it can pay for itself with donations. Also I have faith in our comunity but feel like they need to return that faith by not exploiting our systems.

Suggestions: More donor features. Drop2inv being one (When we get it fixed), ive heard players talk about more artifacts and bug fixes that i am admittedly slacking on.

Opinion: i need to stop slacking and get things fixed. This comunity is amazing, i love it so much, ive given time and effort into improving and preserving it. Its easy to burn out but our lasting players speak for themselves. LaSaveloy, Cray and all of the other players that have stuck with us through 2 resets and 4 owners since season 1 know how great this can be and thats why they stay. We should not let them down.

In Game Name: stwawbwewwy (or ZaddyCray)

Concerns:
With all of the bugs and bad things happening there are too many problems to keep players interested. There are also a small number of players and it gets boring.

Solutions:
Continue to fix the bugs and advertise when the server is decently fixed. (Townships banks etc.)

Suggestions:
Advertise the server once most things are fixed. Have small but fun events so more people will play. (Have rewards etc.)

Opinion:
Yes VV is dead rn but hopefully with bug fixes and advertising we can start gaining members and it wouldn't be as boring.

In Game Name: AbraCadara

Concerns: Player count dwindling. Current player are getting rich and it will be daunting for new players to catch up making them inclined to leave.

Solutions: Advertising? I know it costs a ton but with any luck it can pay for itself with donations. Also I have faith in our comunity but feel like they need to return that faith by not exploiting our systems.

Suggestions: More donor features. Drop2inv being one (When we get it fixed), ive heard players talk about more artifacts and bug fixes that i am admittedly slacking on.

Opinion: i need to stop slacking and get things fixed. This comunity is amazing, i love it so much, ive given time and effort into improving and preserving it. Its easy to burn out but our lasting players speak for themselves. LaSaveloy, Cray and all of the other players that have stuck with us through 2 resets and 4 owners since season 1 know how great this can be and thats why they stay. We should not let them down.
I couldn't/can't bear to leave VV I'll be here til the end.

MamaBeau

Staff Member
Owner
Of course the main goal is to advertise, unfortunately the server is lacking big in the donation area. I've only just started my full time job and am finally about to get paid a nice size check, however, with the current issues we all know we can't do advertising and let an influx of new players come on to broken areas.

Hey everyone. Long time, no?

We need YOU:
So today, I've grown concerned with the happiness of our community - you guys, and I have an idea to get Venture Ville back to its spark! But to do this I need YOUR feedback and suggestions.

Below I want to know your concerns, issues, opinions and most of all suggestions on how we can boost donations, player numbers and MOST IMPORTANTLY, YOUR happiness!

Please follow the format below. Be respectful, and serious. We want to know what YOU think it would take to run this server better and stronger!

FORMAT:

In Game Name:Idiocracy

Concerns: Here's the thing. Back in the olden days of Josh and Conrad. When we had players like cam and hilsome. Quit and Kaylah. The server was thriving. It was great. New players were behind. Yes. But the player base was so tightly knit that they helped the new people. We had a community. The shop was incredibly unique. And everything was going well. The Issues started with the first reset. It was supposed to fix the economy. But what happened. Was people with hundreds of hours invested were so shaken up that they left. And it actually destroyed the economy more. New players rose quickly and we had a new eco problem. So we tried another reset and brought the server into 1.13. combine that with staff changes. Owner change. And there's too much change for us old players to get behind. If you leave the server as it is. In a few months. It'll be back where it was. But you have a choice

Solutions: The solution here is to either leave the server as is and let it grow slowly. Or put it back to the way it started. One last time. And leave it alone for a while

Suggestions: stop changing it so often. Updates are good. Small. Little features and such. But huge changes every other month is too much to keep up with. And some of us would rather just go to a solid concrete server that has an established community and a basis to go off of.

Opinion: I joined this server on day 2. And everyone I knew. Everyone I befriended. They're all gone. There's a reason for that. Im appreciative of the effort by the new owners and the staff. But take a look back. And see what Josh did that brought this server into its golden age

In Game Name: Quiezlnarf (Narf)

Concerns:
The slow, limited and cut throat player economy with nothing other than the bal of other players to keep prices in check.

Solutions:
Bring back player warps or something similar so we don't have to pay the weekly fee to setup a market at spawn. Those shops are great if you can afford the 9k to 12k weekly upkeep, but they are small limiting how much we can setup and make it hard for new players to get a foot hold if they want to sell stuff outside of /ah.

To help keep the market prices low and stable expanding the buy only options like you have setup in the special market would go a long way to help the economy. If you setup a buy only for diamonds at say 25 each then new players could get a full set of basic Diamond armor, pick and sword for only 750. A similar thing could be done with all base materials as well as enchantments. Based on what you have some brewing materials at 3 regeneration extended potions would sell for like $450 with about a $25 profit. That is a reasonable price but its not going to pay the bills for a market stall.

Suggestions: Little fixes here and there should go a long way to getting the server back on track. Everything seems to be running it just needs to be fine tuned rather than adding huge new things.

Opinion: When this season started mending books were going on /ah for 3 to 5k. I started selling them for 1.5k to undercut and put people out of business. It worked great, now mending books go for 1.5k or less but not many people sell them besides me and glycon. Having an admin buy only shop might help to prevent extreme inflation and undercutting. New players would get a better idea of what things really should cost.

I would like to offer more than what I can in my shop but I don't like cramming everything into a tiny space. I would love to buy ores, sell ingots armor enchantment books and enchanted armor. I cant cram all that into the stall I have without making it feel over crowded and claustrophobic. Having a way to setup a warps everyone can use would help to expand what we can buy and sell to other players.

I know this wont fix everything but it might help.

Cadara

Staff Member
Head-Admin
[QUOTESolutions: Bring back player warps or something similar ][/QUOTE]

Player warps are still a thing, it is one of the free numbered ranks i beleive
ill look it up when i am next in game

PsychoAlpha

My three main concerns are the gap between the rich and poor of the server, the rough economy that makes it very challenging for new players to make money, and therefore close the gap in wealth, and the overpowered nature of most ranks that the server offers for donations.

The only solution I can definitely muster for my concerns is very simply, remove keep inventory from the conquest and pvp warps. I entirely understand why the server decided to give keep inventory to everyone at envoy, but there is no excuse for conquest or pvp, as the only reasons to be there are to fight. As a new player to the server, it was daunting to me once I found out that the chancellor rank had keep inventory. This means that for someone who does not have it, there is no hope of winning or achieving anything. You either win, and don't get anything for winning, or lose, and all of your gear is gone. This does not promote player vs player, it highly discourages it. Removing keep inventory in these combat areas would encourage more pvpers to stick there neck out and "risk it for the biscuit" so to speak. Either way, until keep inventory is removed for all players in conquest and pvp, most people will not join the server for the pvp aspects.

There are no easy answers for the first two problems I have listed. I have ideas; add in sell shops at the main server shop, so players have a definite way to make money, maybe improve jobs rate of making money, so that new players don't have to grind as long to attain rank. If it were easier at the early ranks to make money, and achieve those early ranks, more people would invest in doing so. This investment is what I believe will keep players.

One further suggestion I have, is for you yourself, MamaBeau, to get an alternate account and join the server, as a new player. Join with goals and try and put yourself in the seat of a new player who doesn't have the money to just easily buy rank, and see how it is for them. Just play as a regular player. I think this'll open up things for you alot, and give you a very good idea at what changes need to be made, so long as you look at it from the perspective of a newby.

PsychoAlpha

My three main concerns are the gap between the rich and poor of the server, the rough economy that makes it very challenging for new players to make money, and therefore close the gap in wealth, and the overpowered nature of most ranks that the server offers for donations.

The only solution I can definitely muster for my concerns is very simply, remove keep inventory from the conquest and pvp warps. I entirely understand why the server decided to give keep inventory to everyone at envoy, but there is no excuse for conquest or pvp, as the only reasons to be there are to fight. As a new player to the server, it was daunting to me once I found out that the chancellor rank had keep inventory. This means that for someone who does not have it, there is no hope of winning or achieving anything. You either win, and don't get anything for winning, or lose, and all of your gear is gone. This does not promote player vs player, it highly discourages it. Removing keep inventory in these combat areas would encourage more pvpers to stick there neck out and "risk it for the biscuit" so to speak. Either way, until keep inventory is removed for all players in conquest and pvp, most people will not join the server for the pvp aspects.

There are no easy answers for the first two problems I have listed. I have ideas; add in sell shops at the main server shop, so players have a definite way to make money, maybe improve jobs rate of making money, so that new players don't have to grind as long to attain rank. If it were easier at the early ranks to make money, and achieve those early ranks, more people would invest in doing so. This investment is what I believe will keep players.

One further suggestion I have, is for you yourself, MamaBeau, to get an alternate account and join the server, as a new player. Join with goals and try and put yourself in the seat of a new player who doesn't have the money to just easily buy rank, and see how it is for them. Just play as a regular player. I think this'll open up things for you alot, and give you a very good idea at what changes need to be made, so long as you look at it from the perspective of a newby.
I get the keep inv part but this will also discourage people buying the perk or chance rank for that reason. If it’s turned off in areas that they want to purchase it for it would ruin the purpose of the perk.

I get the keep inv part but this will also discourage people buying the perk or chance rank for that reason. If it’s turned off in areas that they want to purchase it for it would ruin the purpose of the perk.
There is reason enough for people to buy the rank because not only does it give them a definite, easy income of amazing gear, its gear that cannot be naturally crafted. That alone is enough to put chancellor above the rest. Keep inventory should not be in any pvp area because it kills most players reason to pvp. In fact, i considered buying chancellor rank. But ultimately decided not to for the sole fact that it did give keep inventory. I dont support it, so i wont buy it, and i know most new players will just up and leave once they find out you can, more or less, "Pay to Win."

Griggerzxo

Staff Member
Administrator
In Game Name: 0hlcvely (previously known as Griggerzxo)

Concerns: My concerns? Well, I think the obvious one is the low player count. Another concern is when new players do join, we need to get them to want to play on the server for a while.

Solutions: Fixing all the bugs, changing gameplay slightly, and once that's done, advertising.

Suggestions:
Increasing Jobs Income, adding more to the Admin Shop

> In previous comments, players say it's difficult for new players, and it is, 100%.
> Make the eco slightly easier on the players might help in getting players to stay.
Spawners
> I think we should bring back the venture coin idea
> The one reason spawners made the eco die was making them stackable, so to avoid it, don't add stackable spawners again.
Townships
> Townships has always been complicated, as well as being confusing to new players with the harvester.
> Ditch it, go with Towny (there is already a poll for this on our discord)
Events
> Bi-weekly events (I'm working on this)
> Weekly Parkour Challenges
> Events are usually a good way to get players on to the server.
In-Game Tweaks
> Add join / leave messages
> Add death messages, so all players see
> Tab: Add the current world you are in, rather than world time
Forums
> The forums aren't used much, we should get them more active.

Opinions: I love Venture-Ville and I really want to see it thrive again. I dunno what else to say other than that.

In Game Name: SirSalad/SirSalda

Concerns:
TownShips, Pay2Win Perks, Pay2Win eco, Chat formatting, Discord format, 600+ people on discord; <15 active players.

Solutions:
>
Move to Towny as a whole.
> Fix the shop prices, I checked it out in March just before MamaBeau came to be and the prices were the same: A markup + infinite sale makes no sense.
> Seems that the only way of getting custom items is by the shop; Have a way in game to get them.
> Entirely move #suggestions and #bug-reports to the forums.
> Make it so you can /rankup to unlock all of the perks which donators get.
> Remove music bot: Yeah it's fun, but it's going to become a mess when/if the playerbase grows.
> Remove tags as a whole, it's disgusting to look at in chat.

Suggestions:
>
Custom Enchants
> More events

Opinion:

I'm prefacing this with the following: Everyone is entitled to their opinion and you're more than welcome to disagree with me without making a huge mess about it.

The server is unprofessional in the current state it's in. Not the staff team, the server. It's unique to an extent, but it clearly isn't working out. It's hard to see much effort put into (builds r nice tho) making a fun space for players. It's setup as something 12 year old Salad would make thinking that he would get players, fame, and money.

There is reason enough for people to buy the rank because not only does it give them a definite, easy income of amazing gear, its gear that cannot be naturally crafted. That alone is enough to put chancellor above the rest. Keep inventory should not be in any pvp area because it kills most players reason to pvp. In fact, i considered buying chancellor rank. But ultimately decided not to for the sole fact that it did give keep inventory. I dont support it, so i wont buy it, and i know most new players will just up and leave once they find out you can, more or less, "Pay to Win."
Yes but the reason behind getting keep inv is mostly for pvp. Not everyone wants to lose their things. If they turned it off they might as well remove the perk entirely. And people most likely wouldn’t get refunded.

[QUOTESolutions: Bring back player warps or something similar ]
Player warps are still a thing, it is one of the free numbered ranks i beleive
ill look it up when i am next in game[/QUOTE]
Assuming Towny will come to be, players will easily be able to set up town spawns and outposts for other players to teleport to

I can't figure out how to edit my message so here's part 2 lmao
"You must have played at least 7 days on our servers latest season. (Currently Season 3) "
This is directly out of the staff application. Now, I obviously don't know how VentureVille handles it's applicants, but how many staff members are really left from previous seasons to dictate an applicant? How many active people, worthy of staff, are left? How does this look to new players looking to join and help out the community?

From a player's point of view, new players can't even be considered for a staff position, some "OG" players don't want to staff, and or don't meet the criteria.

"I genuinely care about the servers I work for/own. This isn't at all about the money with me. I want to give you the best experience I can no matter the price it cost you. Money however is needed to keep the server running, and to allow for new features."
I want to see this reflected here, as I know you're more than capable.

FORMAT:

In Game Name: GunSlinga

Concerns: The population isn't as good as it could be and is falling downhill quite a bit.

Solutions: It might not be the best and may honestly just be a thought that I liked but maybe add other servers

Suggestions: Servers such as Farm-plots or Skyblock, stuff like that just economy based ones

Opinion:
I honestly think that I haven't played this server as much and I really wish I did but I just don't have as much fun as I use to so I think this suggestion could really help me and maybe some other people. And also more competition this way who doesn't like competition.

FORMAT:

In Game Name: ShiftyKeys_

Concerns: I think this server is very unique in its own way, It needs be known to more people throughout the minecraft world, I have been with this server since beta, And it's grown better every day, But it slowly died and i lost interest, This may be due to people sick of the resets that happen too much and the complicated towny plugin, People prefer the old towny plugin.

Solutions: This may be a bit too much but trust, it's the best way to get players, and that is using the sponsor/premium options on minecraft server lists, i tried searching for VentureVille on server lists and i couldn't find it, It may be expensive but it's so worth it and you'll make it back really easily with more people donating etc, And theres a option on planetminecraft where you can bump your submission which puts it ontop of the server list, completely free of charge.

Suggestions: Pretty much everything i said in the solutions paragraph.

Opinion: Unique server, it stands out, once people see it, they will love it, It has endless experiences and options :) Thank you for taking the time to read my little concern x