welcome to VentureVille
Player Economy Complete quests! Choose a profession! Set up chest shops for other players to directly purchase from create a great balance for players to be the primary source of income. Private trades are also available for those who wish for a simple and fair trade system without relying on a player shop.
Furniture & Vehicles Interactive furniture allows players to have that feeling of unique rooms without the shoddy tape holding it together! But that isn't all you can sit yourself in. Ride in style with a variety of vehicles! Keep your engines full and touch the sky!
Rank Up As you climb that socio economic ladder to success you'll unlock more features and have a little more sway in what you want to do! The generic shop will also offer bigger (non economy breaking) loads of trade goods.
Unique Claim System Comfortably play alone or with friends! You're not forced to work together while watching your back, and you are not forced to live alone in a backpack. The world is your oyster, and you can now can play worry free!
Action Packed Battles This isn't a place where jitter-clicking is the way. Your enchantments are interactive and mindless swinging and panic won't save you! Activating abilities granted by enchantments requires a combination of left and right mouse clicks.
Tinkering System Delve the depths for valuable scrap and forgotten treasure. Scrolls with amazing power and amazing relics also populate the depths. Create amazing gear and make friend and foe alike jealous of your awesome gear.

The future of Venture-Ville!

By SirKillian Posted 6 comments
29 Jan

PENDING LuckMyCharms Staff Application

Dec 25, 2018

Minecraft Username: LuckMyCharms (need to change it on the website as well, if it's possible)

Discord Username (ID): LuckMyCharms#1634

Time zone: Central, but I pretty much play till about 4am or so unless I have an early night for some reason, or got stuff to do the next morning.

Do you have access to discord and a working microphone? Yeah, I use my phone for all discord voice conversations.

Do you have screenshotting software such as Gyazo, Lightshot, Imgur? I got snip tool… if that works.

Do you have the ability to record Minecraft videos? Yeah, they have this function that I can press, Win + G and it lets me record if need be.

Are you multilingual (Speak more than one language)? Nope. My husband is Hispanic though if I need a translation.

How much time do you have to contribute to the role? Well, I’m a full-time student, and I don’t work. I can’t really put a time amount since I don’t want to seem like I have no life, but, a lot.

What is encouraging you to become a trainee on Venture-Ville? I like helping people. What can I say, it’s what I do.

Why should we choose you over other applicants? I won’t say I’m better than anyone else, because honestly, I’m not. I’m sure with the fact that I haven’t been on the server long, I do kinda feel like I’m known already, and would like to help more if I can. Even if I don’t get accepted, I will still help where I can as far as answering questions or just helping people with whatever.

Have you ever been banned or punished on any server? If so please include details. I think I may have been at one point, like, 2012ish? I don’t remember, but I do remember giving a few choice words to an owner of a server a very long time ago, and he didn’t quite like it. Other than that, no I haven’t.

Tell us about a time you made a mistake within the last year? How did you deal with it? What did you learn? (Can be anything) Mistakes within the last year, hrm.. well, I normally make mistakes on whatever it is I’m doing, building something in game or talking to someone IRL, doesn’t really matter. However, I can say, there is such a thing as to much salt in some mashed potatoes… Trust me, it’s not good.

If you have any, what hobbies or activities are you involved in outside of Minecraft? Monday’s and Thursday’s, I play pool league (APA) if any of you have local taverns (the politically correct way to put it) you should check it out. It’s quiet fun. And other days I have classes, normally Wednesday and Friday’s.

Do you have any previous server moderation or leadership experience? I had a few months of server moderation on my previous server, however, some of the admins already know about that and the issues that arose with it. Leadership experience, eh, not so much. I honestly try to stay out of those positions in work because I don’t really like people IRL to much. On a game it’s different for me, because I don’t have to see them face-to-face. (my opinion only of course)

What would help to keep you most motivated within a staff team? A good environment. You can’t have a toxic staff team, you can’t have the petty drama and the he-said-she-said. It creates friction between everyone, even if you aren’t meaning for it to happen. Being able to help players, even if it’s just making them feel welcomed to a new server. Trust me, I’ve been there, starting off and not knowing anyone, it’s rough, and knowing that I could possibly be the reason someone stays to play, it’s motivation for me. (As previously stated, even if I’m not accepted, I still would do this)

SCENARIO:
"You come home from school/work and have a ton of homework/work to do, you think to yourself I'll just take a 5-minute break before I start and get on Venture-Ville. The next thing you know 2 hours have passed and you've been on the server all that time." Does this scenario sound familiar to you?
It does. However, I have dual monitors soooo I can play on VV (even if it’s semi-afk) as well as work on homework. Luckily all my homework is done online, so it’s just a mouse click away for me. It’s not so much that Minecraft is a distraction for me, it’s just the simple fact that I hate homework, and don’t really want to do it, but I know I need to.

SCENARIO:
Suppose it's your first week of being a trainee and you mute a well-known player. Their friends start spamming your discord or twitter, calling you a bad Helper and telling you to unmute them. What would you do?
Well, if it’s a temp mute, then the player can wait it out. However, if it’s a perma mute for whatever reason, then I would inform the well-known players “friends” that they would need to file an appeal on the forums by going to: https://www.ventureville.net/forums/punishment-appeals.16/ and that it could take a few days for a staff member to look it over, and to not rush it.

If it had to be one of Winter, Autumn, Spring or Summer for the rest of time, which would you choose?
Autumn, imo. Just because I like the colors. I’m in Texas, so Summer is way too hot for me, and the Winters, believe it or not, actually get cold sometimes. We don’t really have a Spring down here, it just skips straight from Winter to Summer, no in-between.

The zombie apocalypse has come, you have one day to stock an underground bunker, what stuff do you get?
Well, my first question would be, does it all have to be paid for? I mean, if not, then it would be all types of goodies. Bottled water, flavored water packets, Ho-Ho’s (food in general, the non-perishable kind) Of course my dogs, and a crap-ton of dog food. The family I like, toilet paper, cause I’m not going in the woods like a bear. The necessities that is needed to live.