welcome to VentureVille
Player Economy Complete quests! Choose a profession! Set up chest shops for other players to directly purchase from create a great balance for players to be the primary source of income. Private trades are also available for those who wish for a simple and fair trade system without relying on a player shop.
Furniture & Vehicles Interactive furniture allows players to have that feeling of unique rooms without the shoddy tape holding it together! But that isn't all you can sit yourself in. Ride in style with a variety of vehicles! Keep your engines full and touch the sky!
Rank Up As you climb that socio economic ladder to success you'll unlock more features and have a little more sway in what you want to do! The generic shop will also offer bigger (non economy breaking) loads of trade goods.
Unique Claim System Comfortably play alone or with friends! You're not forced to work together while watching your back, and you are not forced to live alone in a backpack. The world is your oyster, and you can now can play worry free!
Action Packed Battles This isn't a place where jitter-clicking is the way. Your enchantments are interactive and mindless swinging and panic won't save you! Activating abilities granted by enchantments requires a combination of left and right mouse clicks.
Tinkering System Delve the depths for valuable scrap and forgotten treasure. Scrolls with amazing power and amazing relics also populate the depths. Create amazing gear and make friend and foe alike jealous of your awesome gear.

The future of Venture-Ville!

By SirKillian Posted 6 comments
29 Jan

PENDING Lusc's Staff Application

Oct 2, 2018
Switzerland

Minecraft Username: MeLusc

Discord Username (ID): Luca#9109

Timezone: GMT+1

Do you have access to discord and a working microphone? Yes

Do you have screenshotting software such as Gyazo, Lightshot, Imgur? I have Gyazo and use it quite often.

Do you have the ability to record Minecraft videos? I can use the Xbox record feature (Win+G) or otherwise download additional software.

Are you multilingual (Speak more than one language)? I speak both English and German fluently and speak some French.

How much time do you have to contribute to the role? During the week at least 2 hours a day and on weekends 5 hours a day at the minimum.

What is encouraging you to become a trainee on Venture-Ville? I like helping people with stuff as simple as flying to someone’s point of death or helping harvest crops. But also, if someone has a question about something on the server I’ll try to help as best as possible.

Why should we choose you over other applicants? As a regular player who plays on Ventureville every day I have lots of experience. I try playing whenever possible and don’t mind trying to achieve the best. However, I might not be the best choice, but I don’t mind if I’m not.

Have you ever been banned or punished on any server? If so, please include details. I was never banned or punished.

Tell us about a time you made a mistake within the last year? How did you deal with it? What did you learn? (Can be anything) I started school again last summer. I had new teachers, a new class and new subjects. I did not know most of the teachers, so I had to get used to them and their exams. By the end of the year I had taken at least one exam per teacher. The marks weren’t too good, but they were average. Then my marks got worse and worse and I just said to myself, that I would catch up later. But I did not. Luckily it did not mean any consequences for me and I could take a lesson from that. I would say that I’ve improved my time management since then which makes my life loads easier.

If you have any, what hobbies or activities are you involved in outside of Minecraft? Outside of Minecraft I play soccer, I play the drums and I am in a band, but besides that I love hiking. When possible, I go hiking with my friends, my dog or my parents. I also like reading detective stories, no matter if the “me” is the detective or the criminal. If I have time after school I sometimes cook dinner for my family. But learning for school takes up loads of time too.

Do you have any previous server moderation or leadership experience? Not as a staff member, but I have always liked to help people with any kind of stuff.

What would help to keep you most motivated within a staff team? Getting to know the team better, working as a part of the team, seeing that my work gets valued and learning new things as well as getting loads of experience. Also getting feedback and improving myself based on that.

SCENARIO: "You come home from school/work and have a ton of homework/work to do, you think to yourself I'll just take a 5-minute break before I start and get on Venture-Ville. The next thing you know 2 hours have passed and you've been on the server all that time." Does this scenario sound familiar to you? It does but has gotten better in the last few months. I prioritize my homework and try to do as much as possible before going on Ventureville as a treat.

SCENARIO: Suppose it's your first week of being a trainee and you mute a well-known player. Their friends start spamming your discord or twitter, calling you a bad Helper and telling you to unmute them. What would you do? First, if I’m not quite sure how to punish someone, I would ask other staff members what to do. Then, after being 100% sure of what to do, I’d punish that person, regardless of how popular that person is. Then, when being spammed by their friends I’d explain to them why I punished the player that way. I’d offer the punished player to speak with me and potentially reduce the punishment.

If it had to be one of Winter, Autumn, Spring or Summer for the rest of time, which would you choose? Using the process of elimination, it would be Spring, as that is when all the flowers start to blossom, and it starts to get warm again after the cold, icy winter. Contrary to Spring, Autumn is when all plants start to die and shake off their leaves. Everything starts to get brown from the leaves dying and falling off. The difference between Summer and Spring is that during Sommer it is sometimes tricky to sleep with all the heat.

The zombie apocalypse has come, you have one day to stock an underground bunker, what stuff do you get? I’d make sure to get my family and dog in safety. If there’s enough time I’d get food, water and something to communicate with the outside-world. I’d try to get a card-game because you never know how long we’ll have to be there. However, I mustn’t forget my tank to defend against the zombies.

Last edited: