welcome to VentureVille
Player Economy Complete quests! Choose a profession! Set up chest shops for other players to directly purchase from create a great balance for players to be the primary source of income. Private trades are also available for those who wish for a simple and fair trade system without relying on a player shop.
Furniture & Vehicles Interactive furniture allows players to have that feeling of unique rooms without the shoddy tape holding it together! But that isn't all you can sit yourself in. Ride in style with a variety of vehicles! Keep your engines full and touch the sky!
Rank Up As you climb that socio economic ladder to success you'll unlock more features and have a little more sway in what you want to do! The generic shop will also offer bigger (non economy breaking) loads of trade goods.
Unique Claim System Comfortably play alone or with friends! You're not forced to work together while watching your back, and you are not forced to live alone in a backpack. The world is your oyster, and you can now can play worry free!
Action Packed Battles This isn't a place where jitter-clicking is the way. Your enchantments are interactive and mindless swinging and panic won't save you! Activating abilities granted by enchantments requires a combination of left and right mouse clicks.
Tinkering System Delve the depths for valuable scrap and forgotten treasure. Scrolls with amazing power and amazing relics also populate the depths. Create amazing gear and make friend and foe alike jealous of your awesome gear.

Newsletter 1.3

By Josh Posted 4 comments
27 Aug

READ MeLusc's Application

Oct 2, 2018
Switzerland

Minecraft Username: MeLusc1YouNot

Discord Username (ID): Luca#9109

Timezone: GMT+1

Do you have access to discord and a working microphone? Yes

Do you have screenshotting software such as Gyazo, Lightshot, Imgur? I have Gyazo, but I can easily install any further software if needed.

Do you have the ability to record Minecraft videos? I do.

Are you multilingual (Speak more than one language)? I speak English and German, and we have French at school, but I'm not very good at it.

How much time do you have to contribute to the role? 2 hours a day at the minimum. On weekends 6 hours. Since it's a server I very much enjoy, I don't mind staying up a little longer.

What is encouraging you to become a trainee on Venture-Ville? I found this server about two months ago and since I've enjoyed every minute on there. When I needed help, there was always someone there to help me. I'd like to be a Staff to give that help back.

Why should we choose you over other applicants? As a player that has two months experience on this server and four years of minecraft experience I'd be able to help anyone in need of help or give assistance. Since playing on this server I have learnt how much responsibility it can take to be a staff member, however I feel confident that I can fulfill your expectations. Nonetheless everyone deserves a chance.

Have you ever been banned or punished on any server? If so please include details. I was never punished or banned.

Tell us about a time you made a mistake within the last year? How did you deal with it? What did you learn? (Can be anything) When meeting with my drum teacher to find out when my lessons would be, someone came up to me and asked if we could change times. I didn't realise, that with their time I'd be late for school everytime. When I went to drum lessons the next week I realised, that I could not possibly be on time for school. So then I had to ask around, until I found someone with who I could change lessons. This took a while, because everyone else had school at that time of the lesson, so no-one could swap with me. But eventually I could find someone with the help of my drum teacher.

If you have any, what hobbies or activities are you involved in outside of Minecraft? I play soccer and drums. I also like reading books about crimes, no matter if the "I" is the detective or the gangster. During Summer I like to hike with my dog and friends. I'm quite good at maths, so if someone needs tutoring I help them with that.

Do you have any previous server moderation or leadership experience? No, but everyone has to start somewhere. Although I do help people on this server as well as on other servers I've played on.

What would help to keep you most motivated within a staff team? Being able to help people, learning new things myself and seeing the server stay successful, as well as working with the friendly staff.

SCENARIO: "You come home from school/work and have a ton of homework/work to do, you think to yourself I'll just take a 5-minute break before I start and get on Venture-Ville. The next thing you know 2 hours have passed and you've been on the server all that time." Does this scenario sound familiar to you?
It does. It can help, if set an alarm or a deadline. But I try to do my homework first, because then playing on Ventureville can be a reward. But if I play 2 hours of Ventureville and have two hours of homework, the order doesn't really matter that much. But at school we have lessons only for doing homework and learning, so often when I'm at home there's nothing left to do.

SCENARIO: Suppose it's your first week of being a trainee and you mute a well-known player. Their friends start spamming your discord or twitter, calling you a bad Helper and telling you to unmute them. What would you do? I would politely explain, why I did so and tell them the person can contact me for a potential reducing of the punishment. If they still keep going on I would warn them. And if they still would keep on going I would mute or block them on twitter/ discord. If I'm unsure about what to do I would ask an other staff for advice.

If it had to be one of Winter, Autumn, Spring or Summer for the rest of time, which would you choose? Here in Switzerland winter is freezing. But summer isn't better, as it is boiling. I don't like autumn because all leaves fall off the trees and turn brown, which I think doesn't look that nice, and in autumn it starts to get cold. What stays is spring, because spring is when it starts to get warmer and when you can start wearing shorts and T-shirts.

The zombie apocalypse has come, you have one day to stock an underground bunker, what stuff do you get? My family, my dog, lots of food, water, a first aid kit and my laptop. For defence against the zombies, I'd need weapons. And for communication, I'd use a walkie talkie (besides the laptop), since mobile service towers probably wouldn't work, because the mobile service providers would have better to do than make sure that everyone has mobile service.

Last edited:

ernie6999

Mayor of The Edge
Staff member
Apr 24, 2018
Nice app Me... Might be a little more helpful if you could expand on some of your answers so we can have a better insight on who you are, otherwise gl (y)

Jul 31, 2018
This is just my opinion, do not take it as an official response.
Your application is great, however, you could spend more time improving your answer extending them. Try explaining your answer.