Join the Official Discord Server for the opportunity to parttake in events, giveaways and more!

Menu

Discord Server 0 members online
Latest News 07 Jul

Minecraft Username: perlew

Discord Username (ID): Perlew #7327

Timezone: CET

Do you have the ability to record Minecraft videos?*

Yes, I have XSplit Broadcaster, and it is a program that can record videos and I have a fair bit of experience with it.

Are you multilingual (Speak more than one language)?*

Yes, I can speak English and Norwegian, and I can understand text and speech of Swedish and Danish (the two other scandinavian languages).
I can speak and write some Spanish, French, and German.

If hired will you be able to make a minimum of 10hrs on the server a week?

Yes, I am more than able to be on the server for more than 10 hours, with some time before and after work.

What is encouraging you to become a Helper on Venture-Ville?

I really like the server and have had a great time on it for a long time, and being part of the server on a more permanent basis would be great.

Why should we choose you over other applicants?

I think I can bring a fair bit to the server with my prior experience as a helper/builder/mod on other servers.
The things I know from then (such as world edit and such) is a bit dated, but I'd love to learn.

Have you ever been banned or punished on any server? If so please include details, but do not include direct IPs or Names.

I have been kicked from a server for a restone build I built due to it being part of some lag the server experienced and I was told to clean it up,
and I did. I have never been banned, and I have never been kicked or muted for rude language (I think it's important that everyone involved is
inn on the joke, that way it's not taken as anything insulting).

Tell us about a time you made a mistake within the last year? How did you deal with it? What did you learn? (Can be anything)

I have no license for a car or anything like that, so I normaly take the train to work or to get anywhere really. When I walk to the stop near my house
I have to wait for about 10 min for the train to come, so I develpoed a bad habbit of trying to go as late as possible to enjoy a coffee or something
like that before I would go. That went on to the point where I would miss my train more than I would make it, and my boss sure didn't like that. So
I just had to change my habbits, which can be hard if you've gotten used to them. In 2019 I haven't missed my train more than twice so I think I am
on the right track (no pun intended). I think I've learned more about my habbits and which ones of them are good and which ones of them need to
be changed.

If you have any, what hobbies or activities are you involved in outside of Minecraft?

I play a lot of other games such as League of Legends, Skyrim, Dead Cells, and flavour of the month games such as PUBG, Apex Legends... ect.
Other than games I've trained Tekwondo for 7 years and basketball for I don't know how long, I work as a waiter so I do enjoy wine a fair bit,
I try to hang out with friends and such, with or without wine.

Do you have any previous server moderation or leadership experience?

I have experience with being a helper, mod and builder on other servers in the past. My first staff role was as a builder on a friends server that was
more or less just creating a map. I got an invite from one of the other builders to be a helper on a server he was a mod on, so I accepted and
helped out there and became a mod after a while. I have been a teacher for juniors in Tekwondo, where I was helping a teacher out at first but after
a while I was asked to have classes alone, so I have some experience from that. And lastly, I am a waiter at a restaurant where I am part of the senior
staff so I experience in some leadership when it comes to introducing the new employees to the restaurant.

Give us 3 example of spamming:

• Typing the same message more than once (could be a fail to up button to a previous command such as /home and such so if they don't say ''oops' or something like that it would warrant a warning too).
  • Advertising something like the player shop more than needed in chat more than needed, saying something like: Come to my shop :). And... And... ect...
  • Typing messages that can't be understood like: bwfdyiowlebfiouwebfuiw, in chat

If your friend was breaking a rule and you caught them, how would you proceed with punishment?

As with all players, it depends on the rule broken. If it's a small violation a warning would do, but if it's a big violation a kick with a warning would do while
contacting any available more senior staff members to discuss further punishment. But if it's just unacceptable behavior I would not put it past me to do a temporary ban.

Thank you for reading so far :)
-Perlew

Last edited:

Cadara

Staff Member
Head-Admin
well Written and well formatted (with one or two exceptions) I remember you from way back and i do not recall ever having a problem with you. I look forward to seeing more of you as we begin the new process for reviewing applications. :)

I get the feeling like I know you but to be totally honest, I can't recall if I really do. You may have come here after my time, so my input on you is limited just to what I see here in this application.

I think you'll be a solid, well rounded staff member if taken on. You have previous experience but most importantly your application here is overflowing with discipline. I see you play a lot of intense competition type of games as well. I'd like to take a moment to point out that most of these games are all about quick thinking, strategic movement, and decisive action. You're probably way more likely to use your head and are probably not easy to outwit with deception mentally.

You know many languages, which is usually a very good thing. Not only does that help in situations where we have people here that don't speak English that also shows you have flicked on that switch in your brain that lets you learn foreign language. I know that sounds kind of stupid but hear me out. I have known a few people who know a lot of languages and the way they all explained it to me was that it gets easier after you learn a couple to learn more. Your brain's therefore actively capable of retaining foreign information and adapting it as you have trained it to do so. This means a lot in a situation where you are faced with something you get to troubleshoot your way through. While a lot of others kind of have to fumble for a solution you're more likely to quickly figure it out if you have to.

I like what I see here a lot.

Disclaimer: Nanie is just a Mascot who sits on people's shoulders and helps them fight monsters, not a staff member so please understand this isn't an official staff reply.

I get the feeling like I know you but to be totally honest, I can't recall if I really do. You may have come here after my time, so my input on you is limited just to what I see here in this application.

I think you'll be a solid, well rounded staff member if taken on. You have previous experience but most importantly your application here is overflowing with discipline. I see you play a lot of intense competition type of games as well. I'd like to take a moment to point out that most of these games are all about quick thinking, strategic movement, and decisive action. You're probably way more likely to use your head and are probably not easy to outwit with deception mentally.

You know many languages, which is usually a very good thing. Not only does that help in situations where we have people here that don't speak English that also shows you have flicked on that switch in your brain that lets you learn foreign language. I know that sounds kind of stupid but hear me out. I have known a few people who know a lot of languages and the way they all explained it to me was that it gets easier after you learn a couple to learn more. Your brain's therefore actively capable of retaining foreign information and adapting it as you have trained it to do so. This means a lot in a situation where you are faced with something you get to troubleshoot your way through. While a lot of others kind of have to fumble for a solution you're more likely to quickly figure it out if you have to.

I like what I see here a lot.

Disclaimer: Nanie is just a Mascot who sits on people's shoulders and helps them fight monsters, not a staff member so please understand this isn't an official staff reply.
Well I appreciate the positive feedback