welcome to VentureVille
Player Economy Complete quests! Choose a profession! Set up chest shops for other players to directly purchase from create a great balance for players to be the primary source of income. Private trades are also available for those who wish for a simple and fair trade system without relying on a player shop.
Furniture & Vehicles Interactive furniture allows players to have that feeling of unique rooms without the shoddy tape holding it together! But that isn't all you can sit yourself in. Ride in style with a variety of vehicles! Keep your engines full and touch the sky!
Rank Up As you climb that socio economic ladder to success you'll unlock more features and have a little more sway in what you want to do! The generic shop will also offer bigger (non economy breaking) loads of trade goods.
Unique Claim System Comfortably play alone or with friends! You're not forced to work together while watching your back, and you are not forced to live alone in a backpack. The world is your oyster, and you can now can play worry free!
Action Packed Battles This isn't a place where jitter-clicking is the way. Your enchantments are interactive and mindless swinging and panic won't save you! Activating abilities granted by enchantments requires a combination of left and right mouse clicks.
Tinkering System Delve the depths for valuable scrap and forgotten treasure. Scrolls with amazing power and amazing relics also populate the depths. Create amazing gear and make friend and foe alike jealous of your awesome gear.

The future of Venture-Ville!

By SirKillian Posted 6 comments
29 Jan

ACCEPTED Vao - Staff Application

Vao

Staff member
Oct 22, 2018

Minecraft Username:
Vao

Discord Username (ID):
Dylan#8341

Timezone:
GMT +0 (UK)

Do you have access to discord and a working microphone?
Yes

Do you have screenshotting software such as Gyazo, Lightshot, Imgur?
Yes

Do you have the ability to record Minecraft videos?
Yes

Are you multilingual (Speak more than one language)?
No, sadly I only speak English.

How much time do you have to contribute to the role?
I can contribute a few hours per day, most days of the week.

What is encouraging you to become a trainee on Venture-Ville?
I’ve been playing Venture-Ville for the past few weeks, and I’ve been enjoying the server and the community that the team has cultivated here. Everyone is so friendly, welcoming and happy to help out new members. I want to do my part in supporting the server, its players and I also feel I have a lot to offer.

Why should we choose you over other applicants?
I have a wealth of experience within the Minecraft server community, and I believe this would make me a much better choice for Trainee than any other applicant.

Have you ever been banned or punished on any server? If so, please include details.
I have never been banned on any server during my time playing Minecraft.

Tell us about a time you made a mistake within the last year? How did you deal with it? What did you learn? (Can be anything)
Within my job, it is on me to keep things on schedule to the client's deadline and to keep the client updated. At one point we were swamped juggling many different projects, and I had been stretched too thin and let a project derail quite a bit.

When the client reached out to get updates on their project as they had not heard from us in over a week I then realised that we missed one of the deadlines within the project and had to apologise to the client. To get us back on track I had to pause some of our other projects to focus staff time on this client. As you might see this caused a bit of a snowball effect whereby some staff had to do overtime to make sure the paused projects remained on track and also didn’t miss their deadlines.

It was a stressful week and luckily didn’t cause us too much damage as the client was very understanding, but this oversight on my behalf caused more work for my team. Moving forward we changed our project management system, and thankfully nothing like this has occurred since.

I now have reminders to post regular updates to our clients on Basecamp regardless of whether there was much done on their project since the last update. This forced me to stay in touch with all our clients on a daily basis which in turns keeps the projects in my mind.

If you have any, what hobbies or activities are you involved in outside of Minecraft?
Outside of Minecraft, I enjoy going hiking and taking photos of the scenery and wildlife. Other than this I mainly work and play Minecraft. Luckily I enjoy both things very much.

Do you have any previous server moderation or leadership experience?
I have tonnes of experience of moderation and in leadership positions both within Minecraft and outside. In my day-to-day job, I work as a Project Manager within a digital agency. I lead a team of developers and designers and also liaise with clients both through email/calls and in person.

Within the Minecraft world, I have been a community/staff manager on a relatively big server (300-500 concurrent players) for around four years. My responsibilities included managing the staff team - training, promotions, demotions, handling staff infractions and resolving issues that arose among the team members.

On top of this, I was also one of the community managers which meant my job was to generate new update ideas for our various game modes and then follow through with them by actioning anything that needed done by our developer and build team and them implementing the update into the network.

Before this, I was also Moderator and then Admin on a smaller server for two years which included your normal responsibilities of moderating chat, resolving disputes, etc.

What would help to keep you most motivated within a staff team?
I enjoy helping out however I can. Whether that's moderating chat or pitching in ideas for potential fun updates. From my interactions with them, the staff team seem very friendly and open to newcomers so integrating into that family with everyone working towards the servers betterment is more than enough to motivate me.

SCENARIO: "You come home from school/work and have a ton of homework/work to do, you think to yourself I'll just take a 5-minute break before I start and get on Venture-Ville. The next thing you know 2 hours have passed, and you've been on the server all that time." Does this scenario sound familiar to you?
At one point in time, this was me daily. However, I've learned how to manage my time better and focus my attention on things that need to be done immediately rather than letting them pile up and causing more problems down the line so this type of situation happens less often.

SCENARIO: Suppose it's your first week of being a trainee and you mute a well-known player. Their friends start spamming your discord or twitter, calling you a bad Helper and telling you to unmute them. What would you do?
I would politely tell them why the player had been muted and the actions the player can take to appeal the mute if they believe the punishment was unjust. Following this, if they continued I wouldn't respond to any future messages from the player's friends regarding the issue.

If it had to be one of Winter, Autumn, Spring or Summer for the rest of time, which would you choose?
Winter is my favourite season. I love the cold and can't stand being too warm (it's much easier to warm up than it is to cool off!). This on top of the crunch of fresh snow beneath your feet while you’re out walking - nothing beats the feeling of seeing everything covered in a blanket of white for as far as the eye can see.

The zombie apocalypse has come, you have one day to stock an underground bunker, what stuff do you get?
I’d be dead. There would be no grabbing supplies with the hope of survival. I would be one of the first people that will be eaten. You are probably going to see reports on the News of a ‘Zombie Outbreak’ cutting to footage of a poor unfortunate soul being attacked - that person would be me.